The Brookside Draw was carried as usual in front of a large and boisterous crowd on Sunday Morning. There are a number of interesting partnerships and matches and the Brookside Handicapping Computer is up and running and will hopefully produce the handicaps in time for the start of the Tournament. The draw is available on the Highgate website and on the Club Noticeboard.
We are short of men for the Mixed so if you are able to play then please let me know. We also need one further man for the Mens Doubles.
We have a lot of matches to be played so please ensure you read and follow the rules and guidelines below:
• If you plan to play your match before the official Tournament start date (20 May) or outside regular tournament hours then please contact me two days beforehand to get your handicap ranking (or make your own up for the match).
• Play by dates are shown at the top of each draw. These are the latest dates that each of the rounds need to be played by but please don’t wait until near the play by date, play them as soon as possible.
• If people are away any of the weekends then please ensure you organise your matches well in advance of play by dates.
• There will be a court booking sheet on the noticeboard at the Clubhouse this week. Please sign-up for a court once, and only once, you have agreed a time with your opponent(s). Don’t book assuming they may be able to play as this means others may miss out on a court.
• There will also be Plate Competitions for first round losers and the sign up sheets will be in the Clubhouse (note: there have to be at least 4 entrants for the plate for it to take place.
• Unfortunately we always end up having to eliminate a few people from the Tournament due to them not meeting play by dates. This is obviously very frustrating for them as well as us. Please ensure that you get on top of organising each of your rounds as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Don’t wait for your opponents to call you! Members contact details are available on the web site and at the Club.
• We will update the web site periodically with results but the most up to date copies will always be in the Clubhouse.
Hope you all have a great Tournament.
Richard Rogers & Nick Finley